Experienced Attorneys Handling Personal Injury Law in Wailuku
Types of cases we handle
As a full-service personal injury law firm, we are prepared to handle any type of accident injury. We have the experience, knowledge and skill to represent you in the following areas:
Getting compensation for victims of negligence in Hawaii injury
When you suffer from an injury due to another person’s reckless or negligent actions, you have the right to file a claim. With the help of an experienced personal injury attorney, you may be able to get compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. At the Law Offices of Tateishi & Pascual, we have been fighting for the rights of injury victims in Maui and throughout Hawaii for more than 30 years. We work closely with each of our clients to develop a personalized legal strategy to obtain full and fair compensation.
If you or a loved one has been injured in Hawaii, turn to our firm. We are dedicated to getting you the compensation you need after a serious accident.
Filing a personal injury claim in Hawaii
Like any other state, Hawaii has laws and guidelines surrounding the personal injury law process. Before you file your claim, you should be aware of certain rules:
- Statute of limitations. After your injury, in an auto case, you have two years from the date of the accident or two years from the last personal injury protection payment to file a personal injury lawsuit. If the victim is under 18 years old, the statute of limitations does not begin until their 18th birthday. In a medical malpractice case, you must file your claim within two years of either the date of the injury or the date of when it should have been discovered. If the medical malpractice victim is under 18 years old, the claim must be filed either by the time the victim turns 10 or within six years of the injury, whichever is longer. In the case of a wrongful death, the family has two years from the date of the death to file a claim.
- Comparative negligence. Hawaii is a comparative negligence state, meaning that you may be found partly at fault for your accident. Your compensation will be reduced to match your percentage of fault. For example, if you are found to be 20% at fault for a car accident, then your damages will be reduced by 20%. However, if you are found to be 50% or more at fault, you will not be able to collect any damages.
Our experienced attorneys can ensure that you understand the specifics of your case and that you file in a timely manner. We explain every step of the process as we fight to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Contact our Maui personal injury attorneys for a free consultation
If you have been injured due to another’s negligence, get help from the Law Offices of Tateishi & Pascual. Call us toll free at 866.251.7679 or contact us online today to schedule a free initial consultation. From our Wailuku, Maui office, we represent clients throughout Hawaii.
“I had a car accident where I got hit from behind and had extensive damage to my car. Tateishi and Pascual helped me get my car fixed and get a settlement from my accident. They worked with me every step of the way and they took the time to explain to me what they were doing. They always asked my input and I never felt I was getting pushed into doing something I didn’t want to do. They helped me through a very complicated process and they explained all my options and I made the decision on my case. I highly recommend Tateishi and Pascual they are very professional and do a great job!”
– Julie Powers, 5.0 Rating ★★★★★ Review From Google
“I was struck head-on on a beautiful, sunny, Maui Sunday. Dealing with the details of the accident was frustrating while trying to physically heal until I called Tateishi & Pascual. They accepted my case, met with me, organized the details, kept me informed every step of the way. They took care of matters & every detail which relieved a lot of the stress allowing me to carry on in my daily life. They gave me a great sense of reassurance with solid confidence, professionalism and much aloha. I was pleasantly surprised with the very favorable outcome. I am forever grateful to each and everyone at the firm and will definitely recommend them to my friends and family who may need them because I trust them totally. I am a born and raised Mauian and a working professional. Tateishi & Pascual gets 10 stars in my book!”
– Hoku Hu, 5.0 Rating ★★★★★ Review From Google
“I am extremely greatful for the professionalism of Tateishi & Pascual in the manner of how they handle my situation/case. They are a person to person company and a family oriented establishment. I would recommend their service to my personal family and close friends. Thank you Tateishi & Pascual.”
– Ricky Chong-kee, 5.0 Rating ★★★★★ Review From Google
“By the end of my settlement they were more like family. They did everything possible to help me get my medical bills paid as well as,lower my bills & made sure I still had money left over for myself! Highly recommend this law firm!”
-Skyler Kelilkuli-Cuttie, 5.0 Rating ★★★★★ Review From Google